1 September 2014

Seoul haul :-)

After a few busy days of meetings, I got a couple of days to roam around Seoul and to shop! Shopping is of course always on the agenda when I visit a new place ;-)

So the one thing that Seoul is famous for when it comes to shopping is cosmetics - more appropriately creams, lotions and face packs. In the touristy shopping destination of Myeong-dong, the streets are lined with so many different brands of cosmetics. As per my colleague, most of the brands offer similar quality and the quality is quite good!

Now I am not a person who uses cosmetics much, but these shops were really tempting and offered an astounding range of products. So along with clothes, bags and shoes, I also shopped for lotions and face packs.

I am sharing some of the pics of my haul below. Do let me know which are your favorite parts of the haul in the comments :-)

First, the accessories....




I bought the green purse from the Myeong-dong street market. I bought a similar purse in coral pink for my niece. The white purse I got from Itaewon, another good place for reasonable priced shopping. The earrings and the sunnies are from Forever 21. 

Unfortunately, these sandals were the only shoes I got in my size :-( But still I am happy to have got at least one! For people with normal sized feet, Seoul is the perfect place to get shoes, and at very reasonable prices - the underground markets of Myeong-dong and Namdaemun offer very good choices.

The lotions (as they say in Seoul)....



Choosing a brand was very difficult, but I was most attracted by the presentation and range offered by Beyond and Nature Republic. So I bought a body lotion from Beyond and a Men's Argan lotion from Nature Republic. I also bought an Argan face cream (forgot to take pics) and the above face packs from Nature Republic. I am yet to try the face packs - so excited to try them this weekend! These brands also offer lovely nail polishes, soaps and face washes. So if you are in Seoul, do check out the various brands (in Myeong-dong and Sinsa) and decide which ones suit you best :-)

And the clothes ....

The below ones are from Forever 21. Love that white skirt!


Also bought some Korean style long dresses ... loved the lace detail in the back of the blue dress and uneven hem of the polka dotted dress :-)



And last but not the least, got the below floral dress from a 60s vintage boutique in Sinsa, Love the material and the fit of the dress!


So let me know what you liked best. And so looking forward to dedicating outfit posts to the above dresses :-)


49 comments:

  1. Just drooling over the 1st pic and dotted dress :)


    love
    http://tanujasethi.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dotted dress is really gorgeous! :)

      Delete
  2. Love the mint purse in the first picture and the blue dress :)

    http://dreamland1234.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!
    I just found your blog and I really like it! :)
    followed you via gfc, would be great if you followed back!
    Johanna
    efilelahni.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great haul dear !
    xoxo

    www.mychoicebysorana.blogspot.ro

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great haul, I love the bag! Beautiful colour x
    Freya's Fashion Chapter

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great haul! That polka dot dress is so so cute!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your haul. The bag in the first picture is so cute. I followed you now, I hope you follow back :)

    www.itsmiraclewhip.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great buys! Perfect sandals!
    XO
    Jeanne
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved everything dear <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. loved the dress :)
    http://abrideinhurry.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. This bodycon dress, high heels and white skirt are my favs!
    Following you now!:)

    fashion-babel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice picks :)

    Check out my new post Here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Excuse me!!!!! That's an amazing haul dear!!!! I love especially the sandals, the blue dress and the beauty products!
    Baci,
    Coco
    Coco et La vie en rose / Bloglovin / Facebook / International Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice dresses!

    http://prettylittlefashionistaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Everything looks gorgeous...i shud have asked u to pick some stuff for me as well.
    U have a good taste..m totally drooling over that polka dot dress.

    Aditi
    So-Saree
    www.sosaree.in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aditi :) Maybe next time you can give me your list ;-)

      http://everythingthatclicks.blogspot.com

      Delete
  16. What a gorgeous haul!! Love that bag!!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeatsoles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice haul! Would you like to follow each other?! Let me know and follow me on my blog, I will follow you right back on both GFC and Bloglovin!
    xx
    Annie
    www.the-lostangeles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for a comment on my blog , I followed you , could you follow back and on google friend connect ? :)
    Nice haul , I really love your accessories !

    esfashionup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great post, love it:-) ❤

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great haul!!! you def some serious damage over there! love both of the bags and the polka dotted dress!
    I invite you to visit my blog and let me know if you would like to follow each other.
    XOXO

    Milu
    www.hellolupi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Like your items pretty cool stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the selection <3
    I follow you :D :D hope you follow me back hon <3

    xo
    http://chicaenrollers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely haul! x

    I followed you via GFC and Bloglovin as you said, now it's your turn! :)

    Love,Sara Wallflower

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great items, my sweetheart!

    Happy Blogging,

    Nicole

    www.nicoleta.me

    ps. New post - Balance Blog life with Real Life

    ReplyDelete
  25. you bought great thing, I wish I could shop in Seoul!

    itsjustshalay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Follow you, please follow back as you promise it :) via GFC

    Have a nice day Rabea <3
    http://rabeasbeautytipps.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wish I had the moneu to go out shopping....
    I simply LOVE that blue bag!!!!!
    You do have good taste :)

    See ya
    ="."=

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great haul! I absolutely love Seoul

    Made in Mauve | Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  29. Anonymous5.9.14

    Great products, I like them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great post dear!!! i just follow you on gfc, you look to me :)


    NonSoloModa by La Tea

    Facebook

    Kiss Tea

    ReplyDelete
  31. Nice stuff! The sandals are gorgeous, they'll look great with a pretty dress :)

    /Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  32. Everything looks gorgeous :) Love that bag :))
    Would you like to follow each other? :)

    http://tabicibeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thankyou Rosh for the lovely comment on my blog :)

    Love
    Tanuja :)
    -------------
    A new post:
    http://tanujasethi.blogspot.in/2014/09/my-owl-mobile-cover.html

    ----------------
    Like my FB page here:
    https://www.facebook.com/ahoy.september

    ReplyDelete
  34. OMG love this haul! I'm so jealous I have been wanting to go Korea for a long time. Definitely my next destination! Anyway thanks for your visit. Sure we can follow each other. I just followed via gfc. Hope you follow me back soon :) xx

    Kiss me Sunday // Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  35. Amazing items
    Loving the heels

    Love Vikee
    www.slavetofashion9771.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Fabulous shopping trip! I've always enjoyed shopping at Seoul & things are so cheap there. Great sharing, dear! xoxo
    Luxury Haven

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi, great review. you would like to follow each other? let me know. beautiful kisses.

    bajoelsombrerodesusan

    ReplyDelete
  38. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete